Deanaland

Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Good Life


OK -- this is the life. Chad's done with school, I have no looming deadlines (except my column, but I'm so used to writing those that it hardly counts), and we got a summer membership to the neighborhood pool. We are determined to get our money's worth so we are planning to go just about every day it's open. Oh -- and we have a freezer full of Pop Ice. I've had worse days.

Julia and I have recruited Chad into our Nancy Drew cult. Chad and I had given Julia the "Danger on Deception Island" PC game for Christmas and she and I got hooked. Since we finished that one, we've also solved "The Haunted Carousel," "Secret of the Old Clock," and "Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon." Now Chad has gotten into "Secret of Shadow Ranch" and the three of us are trying to solve it at once. We all have separate games going, so it is kind of confusing. Julia's also loving Nancy Drew books. In fact, she just finished "The Secret of Shadow Ranch" today. We're anxious to see if the game turns out like the book did. Anyway, the games say they are for ages 10 & up, but even for 34-year-olds -- they are hard! They really make you use your brain.

Check out this cool Nancy Drew lunchbox from 1977 I found online!

4 Comments:

  • At Mon May 29, 05:42:00 AM, Blogger Beverly said…

    Oh man..you are not kidding..Pop Ice is so in the refrigerator for the summer..I have to get all over these middle school boys for leaving the little plastic wrapper thingys around. Oh no..they are not middle schoolers anymore..they are going into High School..I gotta go cry..

     
  • At Tue May 30, 08:48:00 AM, Blogger WinSpin said…


    Well, while you all were gone to the mall, I got on your machine and tried to play a Nancy Drew Mystery. "The Manor..." or something or other.
    Anyway, after one hour of wandering through the Manor I got kicked out of the game. It seems that I knocked on the door of a little old lady in the middle of the night and scared her really bad. So the phone rang (in the game) and I answered. Whoever was on the line chewed me out then fired me on the spot.
    Well, I guess being a detective just wasn't my calling ...

     
  • At Tue May 30, 01:53:00 PM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    I was a Nancy Drew fanatic! I have almost all of her books and even an original from the 1920s. I can't wait for ME to get into them. (And the Little House series!)

     
  • At Wed May 31, 07:34:00 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    I loved Nancy Drew books when I was a "tween." I checked out every single one our library had to offer. I think that computer game is one I could certainly get into!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home