Deanaland

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Tunnel

I was listening to this song the other day and it made me think of someone who knows who she is. Here are the words to the song, plus a little about the song by Third Day member David Carr, and a pic of Mac Powell -- for all my fellow members of the Mac Powell Fan Club:


I won’t pretend to know what you’re thinking
I can’t begin to know what you’re going through
I won’t deny the pain that you’re feeling
But I’m gonna try and give a little hope to you

Just remember what I’ve told you
There’s so much you’re living for

There’s a light at the end of this tunnel
There’s a light at the end of this tunnel
For you, for you
There’s a light at the end of this tunnel
Shinin’ bright at the end of this tunnel
For you, for you
So keep holdin’ on

You’ve got your disappointments and sorrows
You ought to share the weight of that load with me
Then you will find that the light of tomorrow
Brings a new life for your eyes to see

So remember what I’ve told you
There’s so much you’re living for

Words by Mac Powell / music by Third Day / © 2005 Consuming Fire Music (ASCAP). All rights administered by EMI CMG Publishing.

Behind the Song:'We've all walked in the darkness at one time or another. If you're like me, finding Christ didn't necessarily change that, well at least not yet! We all go through times of struggle whether it be some sort of sin or perhaps something totally out of our control, like the death of a loved one, or the loss of a job. Whatever it may be, no one on earth can really identify with your personal situation other than yourself and that makes it twice as hard to have hope. The good news is that God loves us despite the present situation we may find ourselves in. In fact, I believe he uses those experiences in a very profound way to shape us into his likeness. We have hope in Jesus because he has plans to prosper us, not to harm us; plans to give us a hope and a future. Tunnel is a song that speaks of that hope, that light, that grace that leads us out of the darkness and back into vibrant living. 'Keep Holding On...' is the tag line after each chorus and those three words, when coming from the right source, can sometimes mean more than entire volumes of self help reading or clever sermons. When we're told what to keep holding on for and we believe in it, that phrase has power and meaning. Besides, we don't have a high priest that is unable to sympathize with our weakness. And the icing on the cake in my experience is that even when I can't keep holding on, He keeps holding on to me and he ain't letting go!' – David Carr (Third Day)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home