Deanaland

Friday, September 16, 2005

The Write Stuff and the Anti-Shoe Baby


I have two things I'm freaking out about today.

1) All of a sudden, I have a TON of stuff I'm supposed to be writing. I have my three-part series I do every fall for the newspaper about Alzheimer's and Memory Walk. And I volunteered, for some reason, to write a feature about the post office in the old part of Baytown that was built in 1930-something. And yesterday a minister from Impact asked me to write something about their hurricane relief efforts for Christian Chronicle. This would all be very nice but I have a baby that WON'T LET ME GO TO THE BATHROOM, let alone write something.

2) Said baby will not wear shoes. And it's all my fault. As soon as it turned warm last spring, I quit putting them on her. So I bought her shoes a couple of weeks ago and tried putting socks and shoes on her and you would have THOUGHT I WAS TRYING TO KILL HER. She was screaming and trying to crawl away. Once I got them on her, she sat and held on to her feet and wailed. I have ruined my child. She'll never get to eat in one of those "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service" places.

This would all be very stressful if she weren't so darn cute. That's a picture of her when we caught her sucking on a purple marker in Chad's office.

1 Comments:

  • At Fri Sep 16, 06:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good morning, deana! you're up early! Good thing those things are made non-toxic. haha, that's too funny! well good luck with you're writing! i miss you guys!

    ><>In HIM<><
    Michelle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home