Deanaland

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Happy birthday, Jenna!


I don't remember much about Aug. 26, 2004. I remember being given too much spinal block and freaking out on the operating table. I remember, during surgery, feeling pressure and inadvertently saying "ouch," and my doctor -- who had his hands deep inside my abdominal cavity -- saying, "What? What do you mean by ouch?!!" I remember my body temperature dropping and me shivering so hard it was more like having convulsions. I remember arguing with a nurse who was about to give me a Phenergan shot. "It's only a half-dose," she said. I don't remember much after that.

But I do remember someone -- probably Chad -- putting a newborn baby girl in my arms. The baby it had taken us two years and three miscarriages to have. I remember exactly what I said when Chad(?) handed her to me for the first time: "Thank you God, for this beautiful baby." That's something I'll always remember.

4 Comments:

  • At Sat Aug 27, 06:26:00 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    Happy birthday Jenna!

     
  • At Sat Aug 27, 07:44:00 PM, Blogger Sarah P said…

    First of all, HAPPY BDAy JENNA! Just think, in 4 years, you TOO can know what DNA stands for.
    ========================
    Another side note, Deana, did you know Klint Pleasant (ex-basketball coach for ACU)? His wife just found out a few days ago that she has a brain tumor.
    Thought you'd want to know.

    Check out his blog for more info:
    www.klintpleasant.blogspot.com

     
  • At Mon Aug 29, 04:22:00 PM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    I didn't realize that our babies were about the same age! Hope you had a fun day of remembrance.

     
  • At Thu Sep 01, 03:06:00 PM, Blogger WinSpin said…


    Now this made your old man weep ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home