Deanaland

Saturday, August 20, 2005

I'm Not Really a Waitress

A couple of weeks ago I got my nails done. You wouldn't think this is significant except for the fact that I'm 34 years old and had never had my nails done before. Two factors contribute to this:

1) I'm incredibly vain
2) I'm incredibly cheap

...so I haven't gone without color on my nails since junior high but I've always done them myself. I just think our money is better spent on other things -- like things we might actually NEED.

But for my birthday/our anniversary, I spent a morning at a spa and got a massage (by a GUY, but that's another blog) and I got my nails done. They asked me to pick out a color and I came across one called "I'm Not Really a Waitress." Who cares about the actual color -- I had to have this shade on my nails just for the name alone. Hey, maybe in another 34 years, I can do this again!

3 Comments:

  • At Sat Aug 20, 02:04:00 PM, Blogger Jacinda said…

    Cool! I have a gift certificate from my birthday to get a massage. I'm looking forward to having it done.

    I'm also too cheap to get my nails done regularly. I'm sure yours look good!

     
  • At Sat Aug 20, 02:48:00 PM, Blogger Sarah P said…

    I love that color! I used to wear it on my toes in college.
    Then I ended up waitressing after college (love those degrees...).
    Stupid nail polish.

     
  • At Sun Aug 21, 04:55:00 PM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    Let me guess, was is O.P.I. nail polish? In another life, I want to work for them and make up names for their products! They have the most inventive names.

    My birthday and our anniversary are 5 days apart so we always go all out that week. I was given a gift certificate at a local salon. Guess I better get my nails done!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home