Deanaland

Friday, July 22, 2005

Killing a Rumor

I've heard from two different people that we are moving. A few weeks ago my neighbor saw me outside and said, "I can't believe you didn't tell me you're moving!" That was news to me. Then yesterday a friend at church came up to me and said "When are y'all leaving?" I said, "Well, Chad's taking the junior high on a mission trip next week." She said "Well, I heard you were moving to College Station." Both women heard it from a woman who goes to our church. Apparently, she got us mixed up with another family -- Chad and Kara Dennis -- who just moved to College Station.

So, for the record, we are NOT moving.

7 Comments:

  • At Fri Jul 22, 09:14:00 AM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    I guess someone missed hearing the other part of "Chad and..." I mean haven't they noticed that you are still here and at church? I suppose they are now thinking, "Just when ARE they going to leave?" Not me. I'm so glad you aren't leaving us. Even though I do really miss Chad and KARA, I'm glad you all stayed.

     
  • At Fri Jul 22, 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Nellie said…

    Just another example of how we do not listen with both ears. We just hear part of something and quickly move on. Can't fault this individual because I have done the same type of thing.

    I'm glad that you all are here to stay as well!

     
  • At Sat Jul 23, 04:53:00 PM, Blogger Mae said…

    Milk it for all it's worth... get a going away party, cook out, gifts, cake, and ice cream... and then present a sermon on passing along wrong info and KEEP EVERYTHING!!!! (As you do a Dr. Evil laugh.)

     
  • At Sun Jul 24, 09:46:00 PM, Blogger SG said…

    I heard Chad was going to get a big fat raise from the elders because they didn't want ya'll to go! (wink, wink! Think that will work?) ;)

     
  • At Wed Jul 27, 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Keith Brenton said…

    Y'all must have moved away from Abilene about the same time we did ... I told Angi after we moved here that if she ever started talking about it again, I would sell my worldly goods and move to a monastery! I hate moving!

     
  • At Wed Jul 27, 01:18:00 PM, Blogger WinSpin said…


    Be sure and post your forwarding address in College Station so we can remain in touch ...

    WinniePhew --

     
  • At Thu Jul 28, 07:51:00 AM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Just to let you know...for the time being, I can't post on blogger. It keeps asking me to sign in and then it loses my post. I've emailed the powers-that-be. If this goes on into next week, I just might become a Xanga girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home