Deanaland

Saturday, July 02, 2005

True Confession

I thought this would be a good place to announce to the world things about me that my closest friends may not even know. So here goes:

True Confession #1:

You know those Precious Moments figurines that people collect?

I HATE THEM.

I don't understand why anyone would want statues of a bunch of creepy-looking bug-eyed kids in their house. And the money people spend on these things! Why??

Julia has a Precious Moments book that has a picture in it of two Precious Moments kids getting married. Am I the only one who thinks this is weird? They are KIDS! Getting married! Where is this legal??

Yes, JCP, I know you had Precious Moments people on top of your wedding cake. It's OK. I've come to terms with it.

I'll post more TRUE CONFESSIONS as soon as I think of any.

5 Comments:

  • At Sat Jul 02, 11:52:00 AM, Blogger Susan - said…

    Ha! I totally agree. One of my college roommates collected those things, and I never understood it either.

     
  • At Sat Jul 02, 03:22:00 PM, Blogger Kyle said…

    I think whoever came up with Precious Moments took what was lovable about children and then added and greatly exagerated the cuteness of puppy-dog eyes along with the graininess of nastalia type photos and concocted this strange mutant race of cutsy people. "I wiwwy want to pet da puppy dog..." Makes me want to throw up.

     
  • At Sun Jul 03, 04:02:00 PM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    I just saw a picture of a precious moments cake topper. Isn't that a little creepy having a figurine with children marrying?

     
  • At Mon Jul 04, 07:45:00 AM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Agghhh!! Feed them to the orcas!

     
  • At Fri Jul 08, 01:24:00 PM, Blogger Little Light said…

    I keep remembering the one from the 70s where the people were naked and holding flowers. I don't think it was ever a figurine though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home