Deanaland

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Morning happenings

Just a few moments ago, Julia opened the freezer to get out a box of frozen waffles. She grabbed it from the closed end, causing every single waffle in the box to fall out the open end onto the kitchen floor. Then she took a step and slipped on a waffle. Then she stood up and banged her head on the freezer door, which was still open. All of this happened in about 15 seconds.

When she was done crying, she laughed about it. I pointed out that it was almost like something from a movie, and she probably couldn't do it again if she tried.

On another note, I told her this morning that I would miss her when she starts first grade next week. "It's not like I'm going to college," she said.

2 Comments:

  • At Tue Aug 09, 08:39:00 PM, Blogger WinSpin said…


    Julia ... this one question ... did your head do any damage to the freezer door ??

     
  • At Wed Aug 10, 10:20:00 AM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    Concussion by waffle. That is a new one!

    I did get burned (I still have the scar) in college by a big plate of refried beans.

    Gotta hate those food related injuries!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home