Deanaland

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Ack!

I got up this morning, looked in the mirror, and a 34-year-old woman was staring back at me. I resisted the urge to tear the mirror off the wall and throw it out in the street. I'm suspecting all the mirrors in the house have the same defect.

Today we are taking Julia to the beach for my birthday. Jenna is now a crazy crawling baby so we'll see how she does on sand.

When Jenna goes into second grade, I'll be 40. I can hear it now: "Jenna! Your grandma's here to pick you up!"

6 Comments:

  • At Tue Aug 02, 06:15:00 AM, Blogger Nellie said…

    Happy Birthday!! Hope your day at the beach is wonderful. I'll bet Jenna gets a real "workout" trying to crawl in the sand.

     
  • At Tue Aug 02, 01:54:00 PM, Blogger Mae said…

    Happy Birthday! 34 isn't old, nor is 40... but what do I know? I stressed out over 26 ~ let's just stop playing the numbers game and lie every time someone asks that question.

     
  • At Wed Aug 03, 01:14:00 PM, Blogger Sarah P said…

    Somehow I missed it. I need a super-powered youth minister's birthday calendar like our husbands. (as in yours and mine....not husbands plural...we each only have one...ok, just wanted to clear that up)
    Hope it was great!!!
    Enjoy your spa!
    sarah p

     
  • At Thu Aug 04, 07:49:00 AM, Blogger mom23 said…

    Happy Birthday! Just remind yourself that statistics prove that if the mother is over 30 when the first child is born, the then kids are going to smarter.

     
  • At Thu Aug 04, 12:10:00 PM, Blogger WinSpin said…


    It just occurred to me ... I'm old enough to be your father ...

    WinniePhew --

     
  • At Fri Aug 05, 09:23:00 AM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Tracy -- I was only 27 when my oldest was born. She missed her chance!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home