Deanaland

Thursday, February 17, 2005

I've Never Been to Me

In the spirit of ripping off other people's blogs, here's my list of "Nevers."

1. I've never mowed a lawn.
2. I've never owned a house that was built after 1952.
3. I've never been to California.
4. I never pledged a club in college.
5. I never understood guys/girls who only dated members of certain social clubs.
6. I never visited the Big Thicket even though I'm from Beaumont, TX.
7. I've never skied.
8. I've never seen "Schindler's List."
9. I've never seen "The Passion of the Christ"
10. I've never wanted to see "The Passion of the Christ"
11. I've never thought all Christians should see "The Passion of the Christ."
12. I've never had the slightest desire to own a pick-up truck.
13. I never finished writing thank-you notes from the birth of my second child.
14. I never finished writing thank-you notes from the birth of my first child.
15. I never finished writing thank-you notes from our wedding.
16. I've never been crazy about popcorn.
17. I've never given birth to a baby that didn't have blue eyes.
18. I've never held my second, third and fourth babies.
19. I've never read the sports page.
20. I've never seen an episode of NYPD Blue or any of the CSI shows.
21. I've never broken any of my wedding china or crystal.
22. I've never stopped in Sour Lake, TX.
23. I've never been to the silos in Abilene, TX.
24. I've never cleaned my oven. (I tried! Fumes got to me.)
25. I've never had jury duty.
26. I've never been ashamed of my C-section scars.
27. I've never gone without nail polish since about the 6th grade.
28. I've never had a marijuana brownie. Never understood the point, actually.
29. I never watch "Charlotte's Web" without getting choked up when Charlotte dies. ("Charlotte? CHARLOTTE!!")
30. I've never moved furniture to vacuum. (I mean the big, heavy stuff.)
31. I've never had more than four first cousins.
32. I've never had a brother-in-law.
33. I've never had a sister-in-law that is living.
34. I've never operated a weed-eater.
35. I've never had to change a tire.
36. I've never been attracted to guys with red hair.
37. I've never put my children to bed without singing to them.
38. I never got asked out in high school by someone who attended my school.
39. I never liked the movie "E.T."
40. I never stopped liking Chef-Boy-Ardee ravioli.
41. I never saw any aliens while I was living in Roswell, New Mexico.
42. I never eat Kraft Macaroni and Cheese without ketchup on it.
43. I've never liked country music.
44. I never studied during my freshman year of college.
45. I've never had my daughters' ears pierced.
46. I never went to Oplin.
47. I've never thought spinach was gross.
48. I never got rid of my Star Wars action figures from second grade.
49. I've never thought hospital food was that bad.
50. I've never vacuumed the carpet in my closet.

7 Comments:

  • At Thu Feb 17, 01:42:00 PM, Blogger SG said…

    I love this game... Just so you know I am completely with you on #s 5,8,9,10,11,13,14,&15!!! And many more! Still I was out of fingers at #24 :) THANKS FOR PLAYING!!!

     
  • At Thu Feb 17, 02:24:00 PM, Blogger Donna G said…

    You mean I can quit feeling mortified because my daughter in law never finished any of her thank you notes?

     
  • At Thu Feb 17, 06:58:00 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    Ketchup on macaroni and cheese?!? Gross! ;-) Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At Thu Feb 17, 08:39:00 PM, Blogger SG said…

    I'm also with you on #18, sadly enough. I have never let myself think of those pregnancies as babies... just failed pregnancies.
    That is another reason why the thought of a third (re todays blog) is so scary...SO why do I keep thinking about it?

     
  • At Sat Feb 19, 10:28:00 AM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    I always looked forward to having babies and eating biscuits, bacon, and eggs every morning in the hospital!

     
  • At Sun Feb 20, 01:21:00 PM, Blogger Susie said…

    LOL--you never missed much with the weed-eater. Just a lot of vibration.

    I've never had a marijuana brownie either, but your post sent me to the kitchen to bake some chocolate chip ones. ; )

    Cheers! : )

     
  • At Sun Feb 20, 07:40:00 PM, Blogger MDM said…

    I got lots of kicks out of this one!! You are fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home