Deanaland

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Sick Day

Hey, turns out the higher-ups at the bank here are not happy with my column making fun of their name change! I heard I got brought up and discussed in a meeting. I tend to think that if you write for a newspaper and you don't tick someone off every once in a while, you're not doing your job. So I'm quite pleased.

Chad is home sick today so the two of us have been home all day with Jenna doing nothing. I think Jenna is even bored with us. Chad has become hooked on my Sims game, and he spent all day trying to get one of his Sims a girlfriend. That's OK -- he spent a whole year trying to make me his girlfriend! Ha ha...

I was in the kitchen listening to an Eagles CD when "The Best of My Love" came on. I thought, "This has to be one of the greatest make-out songs of all time." Of course it begs the question, "Who gets the rest of your love?" Which would ruin the romantic mood. But anyway, I'd like to hear from anyone out there what your favorite make-out song is. I also have to throw in "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak.

10 Comments:

  • At Wed Feb 09, 01:24:00 PM, Blogger MDM said…

    Number 6 on U2's Achtung. It is called "So Cruel." Darren and I used to share a beer and well, Make-out!! TMI?

     
  • At Wed Feb 09, 05:07:00 PM, Blogger WinSpin said…

    Well, one night Linda and I were parked out in front of her house after having gone to a movie.
    We were "playing" the radio. Pat Boone came on and sang "Love Letters In The Sand." Linda and I did a kiss that lasted through the entire song.
    Don't tell Mom...

    WinniePhew --

     
  • At Wed Feb 09, 05:11:00 PM, Blogger WinSpin said…

    Oh by the way, congratulations on getting the bank ticked off...I'm proud...

    WinniePhew --

     
  • At Fri Feb 11, 05:35:00 AM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    Hands to Heaven by Breathe was one of my personal favorites in high school! "Tonight I need your sweet caress, hold me in the darkness..."

    Also, my husband and I started dating when "Kiss from a Rose" by Seal was popular. Ahhh...good memories!

     
  • At Fri Feb 11, 10:38:00 AM, Blogger David U said…

    "Close the Door" by Teddy Pendergrass and "Let's Get it On" by Marvin Gaye have to be two of the most provocative songs ever performed. "How Can I Tell You" by Cat Stevens is another.

    Thanks for making me want to go home during lunch! :)

     
  • At Fri Feb 11, 10:40:00 AM, Blogger David U said…

    Correction.....the Cat Stevens song is not provocative like the other two.........what I meant to communicate is that it is a good love song. A make-out song.

    Sorry! :)

     
  • At Fri Feb 11, 11:00:00 AM, Blogger Audrey and Tedd said…

    My 1975 Olds 442 had a racing stripe, a "moon roof" and an 8 track player that was stuck on track 2 of the Eagles... "Take it to the Limit". What a great song!

     
  • At Fri Feb 11, 08:26:00 PM, Blogger Fajita said…

    Congrats on the making waves with the bank. I just got a lovely piece of mail about my recent column. Made me feel good - alive, like jumping in cold water. It hurts so good.

     
  • At Mon Feb 14, 09:42:00 AM, Blogger Jeff said…

    Oh, make out songs.....there are so many.

    "Open Arms", "Faithfully", "Stay Awhile", and of course, "Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'" by Journey. Also, "We've Got Tonight" and "Night Moves" by Bob Seger.

    What can I say -- I'm a child of the 70's and early 80's!

    Hey Fajita -- as fellow TNT brothers, we know what it's like to jump into cold water!

    Jeff

     
  • At Mon Feb 14, 03:32:00 PM, Blogger Susie said…

    Glory of Love by Peter Cetera . . . You're the Inspiration by Chicago . . .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home