Deanaland

Friday, January 08, 2010

Under a Spell

Julia has qualified for the school spelling bee, so we're spelling a lot around here. The event is Tuesday and she's nervous, but I think it will be a great experience for her. She's following a family tradition of spelling bee participants: My brother Brian was the runner-up in the city-wide bee in 4th grade and I got pretty far in the regional bee in 6th grade. (I came in 9th out of 33 after missing "consentaneous.")

Here's an interesting blog post on unhealthy social environments in churches. Youth ministers constantly fight cliqueishness among the teens, and the problem can seep into all age groups in a church. I especially thought the comments were insightful.

1 Comments:

  • At Sun Jan 10, 09:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, this author asks some thought provoking questions...I heard of a lady who sits with new people until they aren't "new" anymore and then finds more new people to sit with until they are plugged in.

    Soo nice.

    ~Linda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home