Deanaland

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Wintering

This is the 600th post of my blogging career. Just thought you should know.

We had a nice Christmas here in AR. Because just about everyone we’re related to has moved here since August, we didn’t have to go anywhere. My brother Brian paid us a surprise visit, which is always fun. The girls loved the stuff they got (although I’m still looking for something I bought for Jenna in early December that I apparently did a great job of hiding) and I got a new coat, new Bible (first time I’ve had a new one since 1992), the new Norah Jones, WHBM gift card, etc.


I’ve been dreading January coming back around because that’s when all my non-fun started last year. So I’ve decided to combat this by going to Florida for a week. Of course this couldn’t happen had a very sweet someone not invited me, but it just so happens to fit perfectly in with my plan. My goals until my trip are to:

1) Wrestle the laptop away from Chad and the girls so I can work on my novel while I’m there. I can call it research. I’ve decided my main character should go to a condo on the beach for a week, and I really need to write that part while I’m there so keep it as accurate as possible.

2) Wrestle the camera away from Chad so I can Facebook my very first January beach vacation.

3) Go swimsuit shopping. In the wintertime. Another first.

The weekend before my trip, we are traveling to Houston for Chad to run in the Houston marathon. He ran the half-marathon back in 2004, and he has always wanted to run a full marathon. The girls and I will be there to cheer him on with Harold, our marathon tour guide.

I’m still working out on a regular basis. I’ve been doing this for almost a year now, which should make #3 up there on my list somewhat easier. Chad gave me new workout clothes for Christmas, and there was a time that I would have taken offense at such a thing. But I’m married to a guy who understands that looking good while working out is just as important as the workout itself. Bless him.

3 Comments:

  • At Sat Dec 26, 02:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You look great! Glad you had a good Christmas, hope your Florida trip is fabulous.

    When are you in FL, and what part? I will be in Miami on the 13th.

    --Mary Lou in Charlotte

     
  • At Sat Dec 26, 04:47:00 PM, Blogger Paige said…

    Awesome! Love the new clothes too. Gonna have Gilmore Girls done by the time you come down? :-D If not, it's fine. I'm in no immediate need to see them all again. I think I have them memorized anyways. Glad y'all had a merry Christmas!!!

     
  • At Wed Dec 30, 07:46:00 PM, Blogger Winston said…

    You know what occurred to me? That perhaps your dad should go along on your Florida outing just to help keep you safe. Yes I would do that for you. What a dad!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home