What I Learned in 2009
2) I’ve known this for years, but I remind myself every so often: Spend all the money you want on mascara, but the best kind there ever has been and ever will be is Maybelline Great Lash (the pink and green).
3) When I lose too much weight, I start looking scary. Check out this pic of me from Jenna’s birthday party in August. I needed to be eating those cupcakes, not giving them to 4-year-olds. I’ve put a few pounds back on since then and I look more normal.
4) It’s possible, when you’re trying desperately to improve a situation and do the right thing, to really mess up a friendship.
5) How to make hummus.
6) How important it is to me to feel as though I am part of a church family.
7) I need to blog more.
8) How to make crepes.
9) Having a dog can be fun and provide a sense of comfort – especially if you’ve had a crappy year.
10) How to save tons of money grocery shopping.
11) My husband is a good, godly man. (I already knew that, but it bears repeating.)
12) I always want to be open to God bringing new people into my life, regardless of my stage of life or how busy I am.
That’s it for now.