Deanaland

Friday, January 01, 2010

What I Learned in 2009

1) If there’s something I don’t like doing, and I stick with it long enough (like working out), I might actually start liking it.

2) I’ve known this for years, but I remind myself every so often: Spend all the money you want on mascara, but the best kind there ever has been and ever will be is Maybelline Great Lash (the pink and green).

3) When I lose too much weight, I start looking scary. Check out this pic of me from Jenna’s birthday party in August. I needed to be eating those cupcakes, not giving them to 4-year-olds. I’ve put a few pounds back on since then and I look more normal.


4) It’s possible, when you’re trying desperately to improve a situation and do the right thing, to really mess up a friendship.

5) How to make hummus.

6) How important it is to me to feel as though I am part of a church family.

7) I need to blog more.

8) How to make crepes.



















9) Having a dog can be fun and provide a sense of comfort – especially if you’ve had a crappy year.

10) How to save tons of money grocery shopping.

11) My husband is a good, godly man. (I already knew that, but it bears repeating.)

12) I always want to be open to God bringing new people into my life, regardless of my stage of life or how busy I am.

That’s it for now.

4 Comments:

  • At Fri Jan 01, 11:59:00 AM, Blogger Sarah P said…

    I love how much Ranger has meant to you guys. You were just meant for each other. We've spoken of you guys this week with all the family here. Thinking of you and thankful for you. Merry, merry Christmas (a little bit late).

     
  • At Fri Jan 01, 01:57:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Lots of valuable stuff here.

    However, one thing I've learned is that if you wear contacts and wear the pink and green mascara, a tiny speck of it in your eye feels like someone parked their Hummer on your retina. Can't wear it.

    I'm loving learning from you...

     
  • At Fri Jan 01, 02:45:00 PM, Blogger Paige said…

    Love it, Deana! But, I'm allergic to Maybelline Great Lash. Don't know why.

     
  • At Sat Jan 02, 04:11:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I am still amazed at your incredible ability to write. I am waiting for your book. I am sure it will be netter than the one I just finished, The Help. I was so eager to read it, and I liked it, but was somehow disappointed. It seemed to be scrambled in the last part. What do you think?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home