Deanaland

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Like Mommy

Every morning, if there's not a mad rush to get out the door, Chad and I like to enjoy a longish kiss before he takes Julia to school. This usually takes place in the kitchen while I've got a dishrag or cereal bowl in my hand. It's not like we're shoving the dishes off the table like in that scene from "Fatal Attraction" (although that might be fun some time). It's just a nice little moment to share before we're apart the rest of the day. A moment that rarely happens without Julia's complete mortification.

So yesterday, I was leaving to go somewhere and Jenna ran up to give me a kiss. As I bent down to kiss her, she closed her eyes and tilted her head to one side.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I want to kiss like a mommy," she said.

I have a 4-year-old who wants to kiss like a mommy. I don't know how I got on this train, but I need to back it up. And fast.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At Sun Feb 08, 02:54:00 PM, Blogger WinSpin said…

    Wow! A 4-year old that wants to kiss like a mommy. I guess that's better than a mommy that kisses like a 4-year old. Would that be called, "Natal Infraction?"

    With your post in mind, may I suggest that if ever you and Chad pull off one of those dishes on the table deals, that Jenna is away from the house at school or staying with a neighbor.

    Mommy, just wait till she's a teenager. (What goes around comes around Ha Ha)...

     
  • At Sun Feb 08, 11:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your dad is a comedic genius

     
  • At Wed Feb 11, 08:50:00 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    I shared this story with my co-workers today and they were all rolling!

    WARNING: KISSING like a mommy may actually lead to BEING a mommy!

    BTW: I thought of your "Banished Words" post last week when I was in our local Goody's and saw a rack of clothing labeled "BOTTOMS". Has any actual human being ever used that word for pants/skirts/shorts?

     
  • At Fri Feb 13, 10:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha! Good warning about kissing like a mommy.

    I'm a Believer!
    Laura

     

Post a Comment

<< Home