Deanaland

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Underpants!



Yesterday on the way to the playground:

Jenna: Underpants! (giggles) Underpants! (more giggles)

Me: Hey, Jenna...when we get to the playground, let's not talk about underpants.

Jenna: What can we talk about?

Me: How about rainbows and butterflies?

Jenna: But underpants are funny.

Well, she has a point. Underpants ARE funny.

Anyway, I finished the books I was reading and I'm working on a review of the A.J. Jacobs book, "The Year of Living Biblically." For now, I'm consumed with articles I'm actually getting paid to write. At least you know where my priorities are.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

  • At Tue Mar 11, 07:54:00 PM, Blogger Jacinda said…

    Oh gosh-my girls (Katie mostly) love to talk about "toots"! Their daddy lives his life in such a way that they're used to it! LOL I try to encourage them to only laugh & talk about it in the privacy of our own home-hard to explain to a 4 year old, right?!?!

     
  • At Thu Mar 13, 06:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Underpants makes me laugh too!
    cp

     
  • At Sat Mar 15, 05:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wait until she's old enough to read the Captain Underpants series!

     
  • At Sat Mar 15, 05:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry, Deana, that above comment was mine.

     
  • At Sat Mar 15, 07:45:00 AM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    Must be the age. Mary Beth loves talking about bottoms and poo. Such a little lady!

     
  • At Mon Mar 17, 07:50:00 AM, Blogger Winston said…

    Well, let's see ... I am 72 and well, underpants do seem to hold a certain fascination throughout the ages ... but I digress ...

     
  • At Tue Mar 18, 08:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your Dad CRACKS ME UP!...is this where you get it?

    Lost your email address and want to send you something...if you remember mine, please write

     
  • At Mon Mar 24, 07:49:00 AM, Blogger Melissa E. said…

    Deana, I'm a Baytonian who's been missing your breath of fresh air in the Baytown Sun. I finally remembered to look up your blog and I've been laughing so hard as I've been reading! I wanted to ask which publications you write for...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home