Deanaland

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Jenna au naturel

The other night at house church, Jenna -- for no apparent reason -- decided to walk into the living room, grab the bottom of her nightgown and yank it up over her head to show everyone what she was wearing underneath... which was absolutely nothing. So I snatched her up and relocated her to her room, where I attempted to have a stern talk with her about keeping her private parts to herself. But it's hard to have a stern talking-to with your child when you keep cracking up, which is what I was doing. So now she thinks the whole thing is a joke and is undoubtedly planning more revelations in the near future. She does have some jammies -- the kind with feet in the them -- that zip from the feet up to her neck. That may have to become her house church uniform.

I blogged about this amazing book a while back. (You can read my previous post here.) The author, Christina Katz, teaches a series of writing classes online, and I'm into week two of "Writing and Publishing the Short Stuff." It's been great so far. My classmates are women from all over the country with a broad range of experience. For class homework, I've already submitted a couple of blurbs to a major national magazine. We'll see what happens! Go here to read more about Christina's classes.

I'm really pumped about going to the Revolve Tour in Houston this weekend. We're taking a group of teen girls plus several moms. Since my parents live in Houston, Chad and our girls are going to hang out with them. Maybe we can buy Jenna clothes that stay on.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At Thu Feb 21, 12:38:00 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    First off, Jenna sounds like quite the hoot! :)

    How exciting about your magazine submission! I hope they pick it up. Her book and class are quite intriguing to me and might be just what I have been looking for lately. Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At Thu Feb 21, 01:36:00 PM, Blogger Phillips Family said…

    Okay, I am coming out of the lurking closet to say that I am in the Writer Mama class with you! I have been reading your blog for quite the while (we have some mutual ACU connections) and noticed you were in the class intro letter.

    Hope you get some tips published!

     
  • At Thu Feb 21, 01:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So I miss you guys a lot! Wish I could go to Revolve but I'm about to pop...literally, my belly button actually popped out this time! :-O lol Hope you all have a good time at Revolve, give everyone a hug for me including yourself. :-D

     
  • At Sat Feb 23, 05:57:00 PM, Blogger Mommy of two said…

    There is a reason why Avery and Jenna are such good friends. I couldn't stop laughing when I read it b/c I can see Avery doing the exact same thing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home