Deanaland

Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Randomness

Okay...OKAY!! Kelly tagged me to write about eight random characteristics, so I did. Enjoy.

1) When football is on TV on a Sunday afternoon and I'm not watching the game, the sound of it really, really bugs me.

2) I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 35 years old -- when we moved to Arkansas. I guess Arkansas just makes me sleepy or something. I always have coffee after breakfast -- never with it -- and always in the same "Princess" coffee mug my Baytown friend Paige gave me. Although I'm starting to shake things up a bit by occasionally using the Starbucks mug my Baytown friend Margaret gave me. And my coffee always has to have something yummy in it like International Delight Vanilla Caramel Brownie, not something lame and boring like cream and sugar.

3) I've put notes in my 3rd-grader's lunch since her first day of kindergarten and I'm always worried that if I were to forget one day, she would be sad. Even though she mentioned the other day that she would like me to stop writing the notes before she's in high school.

4) I live with an almost constant fear of being in a car accident. It could be because Chad's sister and my high school boyfriend were killed in car accidents. Whatever the case, the fear has worsened over the years.

5) When we're on a road trip and driving past a field full of cows, I can instantly spot the one that's pooping. Even out of 200 or so. Even weirder: Julia has inherited this ability.

6) When I see grocery carts on the side of the road that have rolled away from their respective stores and have no way of getting back, I feel a little sad for them.

7) When I'm in the car and anything by Chicago, Journey, ZZ Top or Huey Lewis comes on the radio, I change the station so fast that I'm probably going to sprain a finger one of these days.

8) When I'm pregnant, I have X-rated dreams that are also very funny but I wouldn't feel comfortable telling any of you about them.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At Thu Sep 13, 09:18:00 PM, Blogger Jacinda said…

    I also carry around the fear of being in a car accident. Not b/c of any reason like you have though.

    I love Chicago-sorry! "You're the Inspiration" is one of my all time favorite songs!

     
  • At Fri Sep 14, 06:13:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At Fri Sep 14, 06:18:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Good Heavens! So many spelling errors!
    Anyway, I'm very afraid that I'll be in a car accident. It is worse if someone else is driving. I'm terrified of sitting under an overpass waiting on a traffic light. I keep thinking it is going to fall on me.
    I'm not sure how it all started, but it has gotten worse over the years.
    And Steve Perry is the greatest! What is wrong with you?!

     
  • At Fri Sep 14, 06:22:00 AM, Blogger mom23 said…

    Can spot a cow pooping? That's skill! Can you put that on a resume? And your daughter inherited it? That just cracks me up. Thanks for sharing!

    Oh, and about the PG dreams. Ditto here too. And recently I had a pretty vivid dream and was freaking that perhaps I was pregnant. No, it was just a fluke. An eye opening one nonetheless.

     
  • At Fri Sep 14, 06:49:00 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    I KNEW you would come through with good ones! :)

    That is so sweet about the lunch notes. I might have to steal that idea in a few years.

    I do have to say I'm a little disappointed with #7, though. I can understand ZZ Top, Huey Lewis, and Chicago. But, Journey!!!??? There is no other '80s band like Journey! I heart Steve Perry...tight pants and all.

     
  • At Fri Sep 14, 07:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, I'm pretty sure your X-rated dreams can't be worse than some of the things I've heard from people, not mentioning any names here due to embarassment (for me, not them)!

     
  • At Sat Sep 15, 01:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH CHICAGO????

    I also know the fear of being in a car accident. I once lost control of my car on the Palmetto Expressway in Miami. Only the grace of God kept me from wrecking the car

     
  • At Sat Sep 15, 04:12:00 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    My problem with Chicago: SAP-A-RAMA sung by someone who sounds like he's been castrated.

    Hey, you asked.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home