Deanaland

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Quizzers

Thanks to everyone who took my quiz -- all 44 of you! Some people were surprised about the answers (especially my dad about the tattoo) so I'll explain some of them here.

1) Where I was born: We lived in Lovington, NM but I was born in Hobbs because Lovington did not have a hospital at the time. So that question was kinda tricky. In fact, you wouldn't believe who missed it, but I won't reveal her identity since it's Mothers' Day.

We did end up moving to Hobbs when I was three.

2) The tattoo: I always told Chad that if he ever moved me out of Texas, I would get a Texas-related tattoo. The thing is that I never really thought he would move me out of Texas. Since he did last summer, I feel compelled to get a yellow rose on my lower back. But I want to get it in Texas, so it will have to wait until this summer.

3) Where Chad grew up: He was born in Lubbock, TX, but grew up in Alaska on the Kenai Peninsula.

4) Where we met: Chad's the best thing I ever got from the Bean!

5) My favorite place to shop: Well, duh. I don't think anyone -- even my mom -- missed that one.

6) Dashed dreams: I had been taking ballet and had visions of becoming a professional ballerina until we moved to a new town and a new church, where the elders were against ministers' kids taking dance lessons of any kind. So no more ballet for me.

7) Celebrity: Yep, I was famous in Baytown for a few years as a columnist for the local paper. It was great fun, and I met a lot of wonderful people. I also got quite a bit of very sweet fan mail, and only one hate letter in all that time! (Turns out Jerry Falwell has some hardcore fans in southeast Texas. But if I had known that, I still would have made fun of him.)

8) My major in college: When the dancing thing didn't work out (see #6), I had to change my future plans. I got my journalism degree...and I've still managed to offend church elders on a few occasions.

9) The girls: The girls are 5.5 years apart. I've really enjoyed their age difference and the fact that they are always in such different stages.

10) My ideal snack: Yep, sliced beets right out of the can. It's simply yummy to me. The other three answers involved meat and I've been meat-free since September.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At Sun May 13, 02:07:00 PM, Blogger Beverly said…

    Happy Mother's Day sweet Deanna!

     
  • At Sun May 13, 09:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very similar thing happened to me when I was eight...I took Ballet lessons as a little orphan ...even when I didn't get regular meals, I showed up every Saturday at Ballet lessons...Got adopted by staunch
    C of C parents... they told me dancing was a sin, but I could get regular meals and join Girl Scouts...It was great to eat on a regular basis, but my "Butt" wishes I had stayed in ballet....? Gal who loves to read your blog ...in Texas

     
  • At Mon May 14, 07:20:00 AM, Blogger courtney said…

    You should get an armadillo tattoo...VERY Texas. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home