Deanaland

Friday, January 26, 2007

Oh, how I love Target...

This post may seem silly and pathetic to some people but moms will understand.

Last night I reached a Target nirvana and I didn't even have to go there.

Let me back up. When I was pregnant with Jenna, I registered for the Tiddliwinks Blossom collection for her nursery. It was a pink/lavender/green/yellow butterfly and flower pattern that is very cute and girly. I had a great shower and got everything in the collection -- a quilt, blankets, crib sheets, a valance, rug, switchplate and plush butterflies to hang on the wall.

After Jenna was born, I kept going to Target to see if they had anything else in the line and found out that the entire collection was being discontinued. I was kinda sad because it is so cute but I had pretty much everything so it didn't really matter.

Fast forward 2.5 years. We are about to transition Jenna out of her crib and we need bedding for her daybed that's in storage. Last night I was fighting a headache that was threatening to become a migraine, so I had taken some drugs that were going to help me sleep really well. We spent an hour or so at our new house yesterday afternoon so I had gotten all excited about decorating the girls' rooms. So I was looking through Target.com half-awake -- partly because I was looking for stuff and partly because I was too tired to get up and walk downstairs and go to bed.

And suddenly, THERE IT WAS!



The Blossom pattern in a twin-sized quilt and pillow sham! And...



...matching pillows!

But that's not all. They were 1) ON SALE and 2) you got a discount if you ordered it all together. So I did. We can keep the rug and switchplate and everything else that matches the pattern. And we're painting Jenna's new room mint green. She'll probably get so sick of pink and green butterflies that she'll end up in therapy BUT SHE'LL HAVE A CUTE ROOM FOR A LONG TIME!

I'm telling you, you haven't lived until you've experienced an online Target shopping spree in a semi-conscious state.

9 Comments:

  • At Fri Jan 26, 06:53:00 AM, Blogger Aggiema (Michelle) said…

    Don't you love it when it just all comes together unexpectedly! On sale to boot!

     
  • At Fri Jan 26, 08:11:00 AM, Blogger Sarah P said…

    The house is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Wow. I'm ecstatic for you! And WOOD FLOORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So fun.
    Hope your enjoying it already!

     
  • At Fri Jan 26, 08:57:00 AM, Blogger Jacinda said…

    What a great deal!!!!!!

     
  • At Fri Jan 26, 02:00:00 PM, Blogger SG said…

    I too have some stuff from that first line... The great thing with that set is that basically anything with a pastel flower or butterfly will go. Jenna is set for many years to come! Just pray she likes butterflies for a long, long time!

     
  • At Fri Jan 26, 03:25:00 PM, Blogger jettybetty said…

    You make me laugh so hard--

    Congrats on the new house!

     
  • At Sat Jan 27, 05:27:00 AM, Blogger Paul Fagala said…

    I usually find myself in a semi-conscious state when I'm shopping! Congrats on the new house and I hope all your decorating is just as exciting!

     
  • At Sat Jan 27, 10:38:00 AM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    See, you can do that with girls. With 3 boys, I was lucky to keep the holes in the walls repaired. Posters could cover those. I tried matching bedspreads, with curtains. But the bedspreads were never on the beds and the curtain was once used by a son while pretending to be Tarzan swinging through the jungle. Yeah, girls are so cute with cute things. Boys are cute too, you just have to always be prepared to repair as needed.
    Love the butterflys and flowers. And what a deal!

     
  • At Sun Jan 28, 07:35:00 AM, Blogger Fajita said…

    I live in Minnesota, inventors of Target. I love living here. There are more Targets than Wal-Marts.

    Supertargets abound.

    Not only that, Targets pay their employees better and give more money to their local communities.

     
  • At Mon Jan 29, 05:22:00 PM, Blogger Paula Harrington said…

    I'm pretty sure finding something like this on-line at Target is a sign of the Apocalypse.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home