Deanaland

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Home again


A lot has happened in the last couple of days. We looked at a house on Monday that we really liked but it was a little out of our price range. We made an offer anyway, expecting the seller to come back with a counter offer since our offer was several thousand below the asking price. So we were pretty shocked when the seller accepted our offer just the way it was! They had moved out of state and were ready to get out from under it. The house isn't that big -- 1535 square feet -- but it is a mansion to us because we have never lived in anything so nice and new. Our last house was built in 1952. Rock 'n' roll wasn't even invented yet. This house was built in 2000. Seriously, not since the birth of Jenna -- who we had after three miscarriages -- and not since we were given our Suburban by some wonderfully generous relatives of ours, have I felt so deeply humbled by a blessing. Today on the way home from my Wednesday Bible study, I pulled up in the driveway of the house and just sat there telling Jenna, "This is OUR house, Jenna!"

It's not officially ours until Feb. 26, when we close. My plan after closing is to head straight to Sonic, then to the house for a picnic on the living room floor.

Chad has more pictures of the house on the Jan. 23 post of his blog.

17 Comments:

  • At Wed Jan 24, 11:46:00 AM, Blogger Jenni said…

    Congrats! At least you don't have to paint over the orange and yellow!!

     
  • At Wed Jan 24, 12:12:00 PM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    Yeah! It's a beauty. It sounds like a great size to me. I like homes that are conducive to family time. Congrats!

     
  • At Wed Jan 24, 01:31:00 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    What a great house. More house just means more to clean. It sounds like the perfect size and a great blessing!

     
  • At Wed Jan 24, 01:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We are so happy for you all!! Congratualtions!! I can't wait to come and stay!! (How rude, I didn't even ask!)
    CP

     
  • At Wed Jan 24, 03:28:00 PM, Blogger Jacinda said…

    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At Wed Jan 24, 06:34:00 PM, Blogger mom23 said…

    Congrats!! I love it!

     
  • At Wed Jan 24, 06:35:00 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    Oh, HELLO CP. Who moved in with you for a week during the hurricane and ate all your food and threw up in all your toilets? (Although the food and the throwing up were unrelated.) And we invited ourselves, if I remember correctly.

     
  • At Wed Jan 24, 08:45:00 PM, Blogger Nellie said…

    Woo-hoo! It looks like a wonderful place for you guys. I know you will enjoy making it truly YOUR home, and that you will appreciate the fact that it is so new. God is so good!!

     
  • At Thu Jan 25, 05:19:00 AM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    Hey, congratulations! That is just super. I love the house. It is beautiful. Wish we could come see it first hand. Maybe one day. I'm so happy for the Nall family.

     
  • At Thu Jan 25, 08:52:00 AM, Blogger Aggiema (Michelle) said…

    Congratulations on the new house. It looks really nice. No stairs!!!!!So you gonna paint some rooms orange and yellow or what? I pretty much believe we take up as much room as we have, be it 900 sq feet or 9000 sq feet (not that I would know about the 9000) Maybe it could be added on to later if needed?

     
  • At Thu Jan 25, 10:29:00 AM, Blogger SG said…

    Congrats! So happy for you and I know what you are talking about. Between our move from Ft Worth to Waco our family of 4 lived in the front two bedrooms of my parents house for four months...and we shared a bathroom with my sister. When we got a closing date for the house we live in now, gratitude washed over me and filled me to overflowing! It's sounds like a great size for your family. The more house you have, the more house you have to clean! :)

     
  • At Thu Jan 25, 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Awesome house! I love the wood floors in the living room...very nice. Congratulations. And I love your Sonic plan. I will always remember when I was seven years old and we moved into the house that my parents still live in. We ate pizza on boxes that first night!

     
  • At Thu Jan 25, 02:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    congrats!

     
  • At Thu Jan 25, 04:07:00 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Congrats! It's always so nice to find the house that seems like home. So glad they accepted your offer.

     
  • At Sun Jan 28, 02:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whoop whoop!!!!

     
  • At Tue Jan 30, 07:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOVE the house. I really think they need to build more ranch homes. We love ours!

    Love your taste in music!!! Rock and Roll never forgets!!

     
  • At Thu Feb 01, 02:53:00 PM, Blogger Tiffany said…

    Congratulations! This is beautiful! I am really happy for you all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home