Deanaland

Monday, January 15, 2007

I Outted Elton John

I've been laughing all day about the dream I had last night. I'm sitting on a park bench in London with Elton John. We are great friends and talking away about everything.

"So -- when are you and the husband going to retire?" I ask him.

He looks nervously around and says, "Shh! No one knows I'm gay," he says.

I say, "Are you kidding me? Sure they do."

"No, they don't," he says.

"Dude, listen to me," I say. "The whole world knows you're gay."

"Are you serious?" he asks.

Then Julia woke me up by sitting on me, and I was so disappointed because I really wanted to see how the conversation was going to end up.

On an entirely different note, I've been wanting to blog about our visit with Lois, my best Baytown girlfriend, and her husband Bill, who is the coolest elder ever. Here's a pic of Lois and me at her house.

The girls and I hung out at Bill and Lois's for an afternoon during Christmas break. This is Bill and Jenna reading a book. Those who know Bill know this about him: he'll either tell it to you or read it to you, but he's ALWAYS got a story.




Lois and Julia. (And Lois's dog Mitzi, who Julia is terrified of. Even though she's smiling, you can see the terror in her eyes in this picture.)








Lois is quite the interior decorator:




Hanging out with Lois is one of the things I miss the most about Baytown. We met for lunch at least once a week (and Target expeditions.) Strangers who would see us out in public would think Bill and Lois were our kids' grandparents. After a while, I quit correcting them and just let them think that. The funny thing is that Bill and Lois's real-life grandkids are grown up and married.

Bill and Lois's friendship has been such a blessing to us and we look forward to spend more time with them this summer.

3 Comments:

  • At Mon Jan 15, 08:20:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Mitzi appears to be fully aware she has the upper hand with Julia.

     
  • At Tue Jan 16, 05:37:00 PM, Blogger Beverly said…

    Hilllllllllllarious!!...save the world girl, most especially Elton..

     
  • At Sat Jan 20, 01:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Deana, I read your blog all the time, and enjoy everything you write about. Over the holidays, my hard drive blew up on my computer and I haven't been checking lately. I'm late getting to it, but this blog about Mom and Dad made me so happy! They love you, Chad, and the girls so much, and I'm glad that you love them back! I think you're very wise to have an 83 year old best friend--she has been my best girlfriend for 54 years, and she's always in your corner when you need her. I'll keep reading--what a blessing you are to those of us who love to hear what you have to say.... Love, Stefanni

     

Post a Comment

<< Home