Deanaland

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Chaos, Inc.

Here are some of the things that have happened at our house in the last 24 hours:

1) After mopping the kitchen floor yesterday (which somehow caused the mop to break) and making a burrito for lunch, I knocked the Pace picante sauce lid onto the floor, causing the sauce in the lid to splatter all over the not-even-dry floor.

2) After cleaning that up, I put the lid back on the LARGE jar of Pace (that I had bought the night before) and went to put it in the fridge. The jar slipped right out of my hands onto the kitchen floor. I would spend the next 45 minutes picking glass shards out of the huge puddle of picante sauce and figuring out how to clean up the mess now that my mop was broken.

3) After that, I cleaned up the living room and carefully, CAREFULLY reached for Julia's Razor scooter to put it up -- knowing full well that I get hurt every time I touch that thing. Despite my cautious efforts, the handlebars swung around and nailed me in the kneecap. (My motor skills were so out of whack yesteday that I was seriously worried that I had suffered a stroke during the night.)

4) Yesterday, Jenna apparently dumped her crayons out on top of the air vent in her room. So while the heater ran last night, crayons melted to the air vent and dripped down inside the duct.

Chad doesn't even know about that last one yet.

9 Comments:

  • At Wed Jan 10, 01:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you hit your head on a fire extinguisher? Or is that normal?
    cp

     
  • At Wed Jan 10, 01:16:00 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said…

    We don't have a fire extinguisher, just smoke alarms that are too high for me to hit on my head on them. So annoying!

     
  • At Wed Jan 10, 02:44:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Oooh -- technicolor climate-control!

    In college, my roommate and I referred to PMS as "the displacement phase" because not only were we unbelievably jolly to be around, we couldn't walk across the room without spilling, breaking, or tripping. Maybe we retain so much water we are bigger all over than we realize! :-) A horrible thought!

     
  • At Wed Jan 10, 04:02:00 PM, Blogger Jacinda said…

    Oohhh....sorry!

     
  • At Thu Jan 11, 10:50:00 AM, Blogger SG said…

    Ahhh the aroma of burnt crayons in the morning! Sorry! I think you deserve a target/Starbucks run! :)

     
  • At Thu Jan 11, 11:20:00 AM, Blogger Aggiema (Michelle) said…

    Man... When it rains it pours huh! I hope you have regained control of your body and are having a better day today! If these happenings seem to occur frequently, you might want to get that fire extinguisher! Blessings! I am using way too many !!!!! today!

     
  • At Thu Jan 11, 01:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is a law of physics at my house that whenever I mop, someone will invariably drop an entire pitcher of apple juice or break a jelly jar full of jelly within 3 hours. I don't know why it works like that, but it does...

    The only time I get so spastic (more spastic than normal) is when I'm pregnant... ???

     
  • At Thu Jan 11, 01:53:00 PM, Blogger Paul Fagala said…

    Sounds like a result of too much oxygen and not enough pollution in the air. Your body must be detoxing after moving from Baytown! I hope your motor skills return quickly!

     
  • At Fri Jan 12, 01:01:00 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    Reminds me of the old Hee Haw song,
    "If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all....Doom, dispair and agony of me. Deep dark depression, excessive misery...Ohhhh!"
    Aren't you glad that all days aren't this way!
    Sounds like time for a slow walk around Target with a cup of Starbucks in hand!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home