Deanaland

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ain't Gonna Happen

Due to circumstances beyond my control, my weekly column will not appear today.

Well, maybe it wasn't COMPLETELY out of my control, but the fact is that I was single-momming it last week while preparing for a trip on which we were to leave the day Chad returned from moving his mom. I sort of lost all ability to be funny or creative in any way. So I called up my managing editor and, in my most professional voice, told him that "it ain't gonna happen" this week.

Maybe by next week my brain will be functioning again.

I'll leave you with another one of my True Confessions:

I still love Chef-Boy-Ardee, and I got really excited last week when I discovered the return of "ABCs and 123s" with meatballs. When you're starving to death after an entire day in the pool, nothing -- NOTHING -- is better.

3 Comments:

  • At Wed Jun 07, 06:31:00 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli is STILL the ultimate comfort food! I remember as a kid I was disappointed the first time I had ravioli in a real restaurant...it wasn't the same. :)

     
  • At Wed Jun 07, 10:30:00 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    Fast and easy spaghetti and meat sauce. Chef Boyardee Spaghetti in tomatoe sauce. Brown 1 pound hamburger or make meatballs, in a large skillet, drain the grease. Add a large can of Chef Boyardee Spaghetti. Heat until hot and tasty. Toast bread spread with margarine and sprinkled with garlic. Add a salad and you have a quick dinner for the family. i'm all for quick and easy. Oh and you won't find this recipe for spaghetti in the South Beach Diet book. Go figure? ;-/

     
  • At Thu Jun 08, 10:23:00 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Oh my . . .I've been eating mini raviolis and spahgettios this last several weeks. Had no idea I'd still love the canned stuff!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home