Deanaland

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Party at the Partins!!

So here we are in Waco. We drove up here Wednesday and encountered NO traffic problems. My rule for all future hurricanes is LEAVE BEFORE THEY TELL YOU TO. My parents left their house in Houston this morning and have gone 14 miles in three hours. Please pray that they find a place to stay tonight. We are SO glad to be here -- to spend time with our friends but also to avoid possibly dying in the hurricane. Please pray for everybody on the coast because this one's not looking good.

We are staying with our friends Patrick and Carol. They have two girls, so our own two girls are having a great time. Chad has offered to watch all FOUR girls while Carol and I go to Starbucks, so I better run before he renegs on his offer.

Here is a little Partin/Nall trivia:

1) Carol, her daughter Emma, my daughter Jenna and I ALL have the middle name of "Carol."
2) I set Patrick and Carol up on their first date.
3) Patrick and Deana had a short-lived romance (?) in junior high.

8 Comments:

  • At Thu Sep 22, 12:28:00 PM, Blogger David Michael said…

    You are a wise woman! Right now it looks like the hurricane is moving away from the Katy side, to the Baytown side. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    We could barely get out of our neigborhood this morning because of hurricane evacuations. We live about a mile from 1-10 and people were entering Katy (town) for gas. We have decided to ride it out for now unless the storm does a major shift back to the west.

     
  • At Thu Sep 22, 05:50:00 PM, Blogger jettybetty said…

    I had to check and see how you all were doing--glad you are safe in Waco!!! Sounds like you will have some fun times while Rita does whatever Rita is going to do.

    JB

     
  • At Thu Sep 22, 09:34:00 PM, Blogger SG said…

    Welcome to Waco! Maybe we will meet! I have friends in from Houston also!:)

     
  • At Fri Sep 23, 04:28:00 AM, Blogger mom23 said…

    You're in Waco? I'm in Waco! I'm so glad you're safe and sound! I saw on Elizabeth's blog that ya'll are going to meet - I'm so jealous! Email me if you need anything - I have a houseful of little girl things.

     
  • At Fri Sep 23, 04:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad that you're someplace safe!

     
  • At Fri Sep 23, 05:07:00 AM, Blogger Jacinda said…

    Glad you left and hope everything goes well for all of you!

     
  • At Fri Sep 23, 11:43:00 AM, Blogger WinSpin said…


    Well we did drive for four hours to get back from where we left before we ever went in the first place ...
    So we are home ... Mom is sewing and I am doing web sites ...
    Did you ever know how scared I was for you to date that Patrick guy? By the way tell all hello ...

     
  • At Fri Sep 23, 02:33:00 PM, Blogger Nellie said…

    Glad you all are safe in Waco. I am at my mom's in New Braunfels, Skip is at Sarah and Easy's in College Station, and Matt and Kara are in Seattle, WA, having left on Wednesday afternoon for a conference Kara was scheduled to attend.

    Skip did not leave Baytown until yesterday morning to head to B/CS. It took him 18 hours to get there! He arraived around 3:30 a.m. today.

    Stay safe. We'll see you back in Baytown!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home