Deanaland

Monday, May 23, 2005

Good Mom

I felt like a really good mom today.

I was having lunch with Julia at school when she told me the names of all the kids in her kindergarten class who had seen SW III and why couldn't she see it? Chad and I had already told her after we saw it Saturday that she was going to have to wait until she was quite a bit older to see it. Obviously, not all parents feel the way we do. Right in front of us in the movie was a family with a baby and a boy who looked to be about four. What is with these parents?

While I'm on a self-righteous kick, here's what Julia's friend had in his lunchbox today: Three Slim Jims, four large marshmallows, jello, orange soda, cheetos.

I'm such a good mom, I can't stand myself.

4 Comments:

  • At Mon May 23, 03:10:00 PM, Blogger Kyle said…

    Amanda agreed with you that, if we had kids, they wouldn't have been able to see Ep. III. I'm glad she's going to be with me when we have kids or else I'll probably ruin them.

    And I'm not getting what was wrong with the lunch. Orange soda and jello: fruit/veg, Slim Jims: Meat/protien, cheetos: bread group AND dairy, and marshmallows...Okay, I don't really know what's in marshmallows except sugar, which is from sugar cane, which is a plant, so that's got to be good, right?

     
  • At Mon May 23, 03:45:00 PM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    I saw SW 111 on Saturday and I would say 1/4 of the people in the theatre were under 10. At one point, I heard a little voice behind me say, "Mommy, I'm scared" and she proceeded to whisper, "Shhh!" Some people need their parent card revoked.

    My Matthew is deathly afraid of fire. Seeing the last fight sequence would have sent him over the edge.

     
  • At Mon May 23, 09:23:00 PM, Blogger SG said…

    I know of several kids age 8 and under who have seen or will soon see SW Ep3. My children are not, and will not be among them! I have friends trying to justify it every which way. Taking them to half the movie then leaving, making them read the book first, thinking it would hurt them more not to see it than to see it? We will however let them collect the toys from Burger King and have fake light saber duals in the house. But for me it comes down to this, Rob and I are the parents and we think the movie is inappropriate (at best)for our children. Like it or not, that is our PARENTAL GUIDANCE. However, I'm sure we will warp them in other ways!

     
  • At Tue May 24, 08:47:00 PM, Blogger Clarissa said…

    Yes. My two oldest (6 and 7) are not happy about being left out, and have dropped several names of those who have gone or are going to see "it". Some of them children of folks I THOUGHT were really good parents. Oh, well, they can't all be me (just joining you in the self-righteous mode. I'll get over it as soon as someone wakes me up in the middle of the night and I fiercely growl him or her back to bed.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home