Deanaland

Thursday, May 12, 2005

A little inappropriate humor...

I'm afraid I'm passing my sense of humor on to my daughter.

The other day, while she was waiting for her PBS shows to come on, she was watching the end of "Sit and Be Fit," an exercise show on PBS for older people who can't move around as much as they used to. Anyway, Julia was trying to say the name of the show and accidentally called it "Sit and Be Fat." She wasn't really making fun of anyone -- the people on the show aren't overweight. But it struck both of us as being hysterically funny -- an exercise show called "Sit and Be Fat." We thought they could do "candy bar lifts" and "ice cream crunches." We even thought about getting the camcorder and making our own spoof.

It came on again yesterday, and Julia turned the sound down and was talking for the people. Like when they were doing shoulder shrugs, Julia kept saying "I don't know! I don't know!" I guess I should have used the opportunity to teach a lesson about how making fun of other people -- even people on TV who can't hear us -- is wrong. But I couldn't. I was laughing too hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home