Deanaland

Friday, March 11, 2011

Tales from the South

I submitted my most recent blog post, "The Power of Prayer, or The Day My Hair Exploded", to Tales from the South a couple of weeks ago, and I found out earlier this week that it had been accepted. (I've been DYING to get on Tales from the South -- this was my 5th attempt to get something in.) Tales from the South is a radio show that broadcasts every Thursday at 7 p.m. on KUAR, Central Arkansas' public radio station. The other selected writers and I will read our pieces in front of a live audience at Starving Artist Cafe in the Argenta District of North Little Rock this Tuesday evening, and the show will be broadcast later in the week. I am a surreal combination of excited/nervous/nauseated. Should be fun!

2 Comments:

  • At Fri Mar 11, 08:43:00 AM, Anonymous Scott F said…

    Congratulations! That really was a fun post. I know the listeners will love it as much as your readers did. :)

     
  • At Fri Mar 11, 09:38:00 AM, Blogger Angela said…

    Congrats! I have a friend (a Harding prof) who read his story there a couple of months ago. It's a great event. Have fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home