Deanaland

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Haunted buildings and other things

Some recent developments:

The Arkansas State Capitol building is apparently haunted.

Queen Victoria apparently had a 50-inch waist.

I apparently have pink eye and can't wear my contacts for a week. This is the longest I've gone without wearing contacts since I first got them in 7th grade.

A church in our former hometown of Baytown had a drawing to give away $150 in gas. And you know what? That won't even fill up my tank.

"Breaking Dawn," the fourth book in the Twilight series, will be released at midnight tomorrow night. Julia and I devoured the first three (I did censor a couple of parts of Eclipse for her, which she didn't mind -- once I told her what they were about.) Julia wants to attend the release party at the Little Rock Barnes & Noble, but I'm leaning toward sticking closer to home and going to a tamer release party at one of the local libraries. The B&N party will be complete with a costume contest and I think a bookstore full of vampires might be a bit much for a 9-year-old, no matter how much she loves the books.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At Thu Jul 31, 01:11:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Queen Victoria. Wow. She was quite impressive in the waist!

    What kind of vehicle do you drive with a 30-gallon tank? I drive an obnoxious SUV and can fill up for the low, low price of $100.

    Still haven't started Twilight, but I do plan to give blood at Books-A-Million's vampire blood drive for the release.

     
  • At Sat Aug 02, 08:31:00 AM, Blogger KentF said…

    I second the filling up question Deana - had no idea you drove one of those humongous Hummers - look out! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home