Deanaland

Monday, June 23, 2008

The Birds

We took the girls and my mom to the Little Rock Zoo the other day. It's a much smaller zoo than the Houston Zoo, which we used to frequent, but that's one thing we like about the zoo here -- you're not completely wiped out after going there.

The zoo has a nice lorikeet exhibit right now. This one landed on my shoulder, which was cool -- for about a second. Then it started chewing on my necklace and I could feel its tiny, sharp claws through my dress. A little too close to nature for me.

We're having the parade of the grandmothers right now. My mom leaves today and Chad's mom gets here tomorrow. She'll stay with us until we take Julia to ACU Leadership Camp in July.

We're also doing swim team this summer. Julia is swimming for the Bryant Barracudas, which means 8 a.m. practices almost every day and crack-of-dawn swim meets every Saturday. But she's having fun, and I have yet to hear the "B" word. ("B-O-R-E-D.")

4 Comments:

  • At Mon Jun 23, 02:06:00 PM, Blogger HW said…

    Your hair looks great. Seriously, I love it.

    Oh, the zoo looks fun too.

     
  • At Tue Jun 24, 09:26:00 AM, Blogger Susan - said…

    Having a bird perch on my shoulder would totally freak me out. And that is precisely why I do not even go into the lorikeet exhibit.
    Glad you had a good time.

     
  • At Wed Jun 25, 10:25:00 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At Wed Jun 25, 10:27:00 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said…

    Let's try this again. I hate to post with errors. I hope I can do this one without any.
    I just wrote that I really loved your hair. It is very modern and looks great on you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home