Deanaland

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Under Pressure

Remember that song? It was a Queen/David Bowie collaboration that was very cool before Vanilla Ice stole it for his "Ice, Ice Baby" atrocity. There's no great piece of music that some one-hit poser can't ruin.

Anyway, I'm overwhelmed lately by people's problems that I'm powerless over. Teens in the process of self-destructing. Marriages in trouble. My house that is slowly being consumed by the growth of "Mt. Laundry." And the story I still owe ACU Today. (I'm getting to it, Ron!) And my child who won't let me stay focused on a task for more than six minutes at a time. I know God's in charge, but I have a frustration that occasionally surfaces -- something to the effect of "Why can't you just fix all this?"

On an unrelated note, I found a quote I like: "A writer is supposed to know the English language, dang it." -- New Yorker editor William Shawn, in Garrison Keillor's Love Me.

1 Comments:

  • At Fri Dec 10, 04:13:00 PM, Blogger SG said…

    I have so been where you are... in fact I think I'm there right now. Mommyhood isn't for cowards!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home