Deanaland

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Update on us

What’s being going on with us:

- I’m starting grad school in the fall. I’ll be working on a master’s in professional and technical writing at University of Arkansas at Little Rock. I’m equal parts excited and scared. My friend Tracy is currently working on her bachelor’s at the same school. I tried to talk her into a pledging a sorority with me. No luck.

- Julia is about to graduate from elementary school. She starts middle school in the fall.

- Jenna is about to graduate from preschool. She starts kindergarten in the fall.

- Chad isn’t doing anything. I mean formal-education-wise. He spent 1990—2000 getting as smart as possible and there probably isn’t much left for him to learn.

- Meanwhile, our dog is not so smart. He got into something last week (while Chad was out of town, of course) that caused him to start foaming at the mouth right when I was getting the girls to bed. I thought only rabid dogs did that, and I thought I was going to have to go all Atticus Finch on the poor guy. My dad came over to stay with Jenna while Julia and I rushed Ranger to doggie ER way across town in the middle of the night. The vet gave him a shot and $210 later, he was fine.

- This is the first weekend we’ve had to ourselves since… we’re not sure. Possibly some time in February. We are celebrating by getting some things done to the house that we’ve been wanting to do for a while. Like getting our pretty new bathroom faucets out of their boxes in the garage and actually installing them.

- We are also planning a transformation for Julia’s room. It’s rather elementary-school-looking right now, and she really wants a 6th-grader room. I just might post before, during and after pics.

- Chad and I have just over a year to go before we turn 40. Instead of jumping off a bridge to prevent this from happening, I decided we should have a big old honkin' party. It will be some time between August and November of 2011 and it's coming to a church gym near you. Great music and lots of Church of Christ people attempting to dance. It will be great fun.

3 Comments:

  • At Sat May 08, 10:07:00 AM, Blogger Paige said…

    Congrats on starting grad school, Deana! It's a lot of work, but you'll do awesome. Ty just wrapped up his first semester of PhD work, so I feel like I'm going through it too. lol :-D

     
  • At Sat May 08, 08:22:00 PM, Blogger Nellie said…

    Grad school. Woo-hoo!! You go, girl! Forty? Mere babes. Just my perspective on the eve of my 61st birthday. Whew! How did I get here? :)

     
  • At Sun May 09, 06:50:00 AM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    I'm not proud to admit this, but when I was a little girl, I used to put a dot of liquid soap in my cat's mouth. Our cat would start licking it, then before you know it, foam was everywhere! Does this count as torturing animals on the Meyers/Briggs personality test? Sure hope not!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home