Deanaland

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August

One kid down, one to go. Julia started 5th grade last week and Jenna is closing in on preschool week after next. Then I'm confident that this huge amount of work I've been getting will completely dry up and Ranger the Westie and I will be sitting around staring at each other all day. Because that's how life works.

Over the last few months, I've been processing this from a minister's family perspective: Viewing church as your church family vs. viewing church as your husband's/dad's workplace and seeking out a community of faith elsewhere. I'd love to hear thoughts from other ministers' family-type people.

BTW, I'll have an article in an upcoming special issue of Success magazine. Because writers are usually the last to know when their stuff is published, I'm not sure when it's coming out. I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

  • At Mon Aug 31, 03:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was hoping someone would comment because this is something I've thought about also. My husband has been a minister at the same church for over 20 years. They are my church family, but at the same time, I can't get away from the fact that it is also my husband's place of employment. For me, my friendships outside of my home church are very, very important to me and at times why I could even make it to church on Sunday with a smile on my face. At the same time, I've experienced love and friendship from many within our church. My advice would be accept love and friendship wherever you find it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home