Five Weird Things About Me
I realize the following will make me sound like I have obsessive-compulsive disorder. But I saw "The Aviator" recently and I know that I do not. It's been weeks since I've peed in a milk bottle.
1. I wash my hands before doing anything in the kitchen, after doing anything in the bathroom, after touching dirty laundry or dirty dishes, after touching my cat, several times while putting on make-up, after changing diapers, in restaurants before I eat, after a group prayer in which everyone holds hands, after coming home from the grocery story (shopping cart handles -- yuck!) and just whenever I feel like I need to. Oh -- and after taking out the trash or touching the trash can for any reason. My parents used to have one with a lid that you had to touch to open. I hated that!
2. I always listen to music in the car and I get really annoyed when all the radio stations are on commercial or playing stupid songs. I have CDs in the car, though, so I get over it.
3. Before I go to bed at night I have to: Check on both children to make sure they are covered up, check the thermostat, make sure the front door is locked, make sure the bathroom light is on for Julia, make sure the baby monitor in our bedroom is on, wash my face, take out my contacts, brush my teeth, smear Oil of Olay all over my face, put lotion on my hands and make sure my pillows are arranged just the right way.
4. I brush my teeth about ten times a day.
5. Except for pizza and hamburgers, I don't like to eat food with my hands. Especially messy food. That's why I always eat things like BBQ sandwiches and hot wings with a fork.
3. Lesa, to get her blogging again
4. Carol, so maybe she'll get her own blog
5. Chris "stuckinthe80s" Campbell