Deanaland

Friday, December 30, 2005

Five Weird Things About Me

I was tagged by Jacinda to write five of my weird habits and tag five more people. So here they are.

I realize the following will make me sound like I have obsessive-compulsive disorder. But I saw "The Aviator" recently and I know that I do not. It's been weeks since I've peed in a milk bottle.

1. I wash my hands before doing anything in the kitchen, after doing anything in the bathroom, after touching dirty laundry or dirty dishes, after touching my cat, several times while putting on make-up, after changing diapers, in restaurants before I eat, after a group prayer in which everyone holds hands, after coming home from the grocery story (shopping cart handles -- yuck!) and just whenever I feel like I need to. Oh -- and after taking out the trash or touching the trash can for any reason. My parents used to have one with a lid that you had to touch to open. I hated that!

2. I always listen to music in the car and I get really annoyed when all the radio stations are on commercial or playing stupid songs. I have CDs in the car, though, so I get over it.

3. Before I go to bed at night I have to: Check on both children to make sure they are covered up, check the thermostat, make sure the front door is locked, make sure the bathroom light is on for Julia, make sure the baby monitor in our bedroom is on, wash my face, take out my contacts, brush my teeth, smear Oil of Olay all over my face, put lotion on my hands and make sure my pillows are arranged just the right way.

4. I brush my teeth about ten times a day.

5. Except for pizza and hamburgers, I don't like to eat food with my hands. Especially messy food. That's why I always eat things like BBQ sandwiches and hot wings with a fork.

I'm tagging:

1. Chad
2. Brian
3. Lesa, to get her blogging again
4. Carol, so maybe she'll get her own blog
5. Chris "stuckinthe80s" Campbell

5 Comments:

  • At Fri Dec 30, 11:35:00 AM, Blogger Kelley said…

    Sounds perfectly normal to me! I guess that is the key to "normal" and "wierd" is who is making the determination. You seem perfectly normal to me!

     
  • At Fri Dec 30, 01:52:00 PM, Blogger Jacinda said…

    Thanks for playing!

     
  • At Fri Dec 30, 06:23:00 PM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    I brush my teeth constantly. Bryon thinks I am nuts! Even if I have brushed my teeth and take a few sips of his Diet Coke before going to bed, I have to brush them again.

     
  • At Sat Dec 31, 08:57:00 AM, Blogger Sarah P said…

    Deana,
    Fear not. It is ABSOLUTELY normal to wash your hands at all these times. First of all, dirty dishes multiply their germage count significantly during the trip from the dinner table to the sink, that's just common knowledge.
    Cats and any other animal are begging for hand washings. And, no, in contrast to what my husband thinks, it doesn't mean that you don't like animals.
    Grocery stores! Hello?! How many babies have you seen sucking on those cart handles? Anyone under the age of 2 is a carrier. Definitely.

    Thanks for making me feel normal again.

     
  • At Sat Dec 31, 04:32:00 PM, Blogger Kester Smith... said…

    i am the chris smith who used to write for said optimist, although now i go by kester and keep a blog going on myspace. thanks for leaving a comment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home