Deanaland

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Out of the Closet

I just voted Democrat for the first time in my life.

So I guess the 2004 election marks my coming out party.

I remember what Hillary Clinton said about how she didn't leave the Republican party as much as the Republican party left her. That's how I feel. The hard part was getting over the guilt of it all. I'm half-expecting my grandfather to send down a lightning bolt some time today.

How ridiculous to be 33 years old and just now grasping the fact that a Christian can vote however he or she feels inclined without jeopardizing his or her salvation.

The newspaper I write for endorsed Kerry and there are signs all over town that say "CANCEL THE BAYTOWN SUN!" What is wrong with this country?

I took Jenna with me to the polls. When she reads in history class about that election where everyone was so mad at each other, I can say, "You were there!"

2 Comments:

  • At Tue Nov 02, 08:01:00 AM, Blogger Brock Paulk said…

    Glad to see you decided to start a blog. I don't know how you'll have time to write for this and the paper, but if your blog entries are half as witty as your Baytown Sun columns, consider me a subscriber!

     
  • At Tue Nov 02, 04:51:00 PM, Blogger WinSpin said…

    Well, I voted Republican so that offsets your vote Ha Ha Ha...except that I am provisional because THEY say I didn't register which I did but anyway...maybe my vote will count...too bad about the Sun ...they should have known better...hope they don't set in the Antartic...they do have a terrific columnist...she's one of my four favorite women...
    Anyway Bush will win because I have projected that he will...
    WinniePhew --

     

Post a Comment

<< Home